Sunday, November 27, 2011

restoration

One day back in 2003 or so, I went to work at Kelley Boys and saw this board for sale on consignment. It sat in the shop for weeks...months, and nobody ever called asking about their board. We'd lost the contact info and it just sat there. I'd look at it every day, even taking pictures of it. One of the photos below was taken in the back of Kelley Boys in Sayville. Finally, we heard from the owner, and I got the board for $50. I've had it for about 8 years. It was all dented up, the nose was chopped with foam exposed and the tail was ripped open as well. I never took it surfing because it would just soak in all the salt water, but a simple ding repair wouldn't do. So I got it resorted at Natures Shapes and this is the result. I don't know the origin of the board or where it has been shaped or surfed, but now it resides in Copiague, fully restored.

This is before...




And this is now...





No comments:

Post a Comment